- Stefano Ruffo
- Stefano Liberati
- Gianni Dal Maso
- Antonio (Antonello) Mallamaci
- Ludwik Dabrowski
- Alessandro Laio
- Marco Serone
- Lorenzo Fant
- Manuela Santo
- Lorenzo Ubaldi
The Academic Senate's function is to make propositions regarding the general scheduling, strategic directions and the coordination of the School's didactic and scientific initiatives.
It is the Academic Senate's duty to:
- Formulate proposals and opinions on education, research and services concerning the students and approve, upon favourable reception on the part of the Board of Directors, the regulations on education and research;
- Formulate, following consultation with the concerned Area Councils, proposals and opinions on the establishment, modification or suppression of Ph.D. Courses, to be submitted to the Board of Directors;
- Formulate proposals and opinions on the establishment, modification or suppression of Scientific Areas or other structures, to be submitted to the School Council and to the Board of Directors;
- Approve, upon favourable reception on the part of the Board of Directors, the School Regulation and the internal regulations of the Scientific Areas
- Approve, based on the proposal of the concerned Area Councils, the composition of the Academic Board of Ph.D. Courses and of other educational paths;
- Appoint, based on the proposal of the concerned Academic Boards, the Coordinators of the Ph.D. Courses and of other educational paths;
- Propose a shortlist of University professors from which the Director will appoint four members of the Board of Directors;
- Deliberate on titles to be deemed suitable for the admission of students to the School on the basis of the proposals formulated by the Academic Boards;
- Propose to the Board of Directors, based on the Director's initiative, the establishment of new teaching positions for full and associate professors and for researchers, and new fixed-term teaching and research positions;
- Determine, based on the proposal of the Director, the open positions for students and other scholarships or research scholarships to be announced and their allocation to specific Scientific Areas, Ph.D. Courses or other educational paths in accordance with the available financial resources established by the Board of Directors;
- Determine, based on the proposal of the Director, the criteria for the allocation to didactic and research structures of the financial resources assigned by the Board of Directors for didactic and research purposes;
- Propose to the electorate, with a majority of at least 2/3 of its members, a motion of no-confidence against the Director no sooner than two years after the beginning of his/her mandate;
- Appoint, based on the proposal of the Director, the members of the International Scientific Advisory Committee;
- Appoint, based on the proposal of the Director, the teachers of the Students-Professors Joint Commission;
- Appoint, based on the proposal of the Director, the teacher of the Technical-Administrative Staff Council;
- Appoint one member of the Disciplinary Board;
- Approve the appointment of the members of the Evaluation Unit different from the students' chosen representative;
- Approve the correspondence of professors with the Scientific Areas;
- Express compulsory opinion on the annual and triennial estimated budget and on the final balance of the School
- Express an opinion on the appointment or revocation of appointment of the Secretary General;
- Express an opinion on the employment of technical-administrative staff;
- Deliberate, in cases foreseen by the regulation, on paid and unpaid leave, on tenure and other measures regarding the teaching staff, after obtaining the opinion of relevant Areas;
- Evaluate on this subject the proposals of scientific and didactic contracts and agreements;
- Propose the establishment, the launch and the conclusion of possible interdisciplinary structures, and appoint the persons in charge;
- Approve the Ethical Code;
- Carry out all other assignments delegated to the Academic Senates by the national academic regulations.
The Academic Senate is composed of the following members:
- the Director, who presides over it;
- the teachers who act as Coordinators of the Scientific Areas;
- the elective representatives of the teachers of the Scientific Areas:
- two elective representatives of the Ph.D Courses students;
- one elective representative of the research staff, as set forth under art. 2, clause 11.
The activity of the Academic Senate is disciplined by a dedicated regulation that provides that meetings with a restricted number of participants shall be held in order to address themes related to the teaching or research staff.
The Secretary General takes part in the Academic Senate meetings without voting right. The Vice Director participates in the meetings of the Academic Senate and has the right to vote in case of absence or impediment on the part of the Director.
The Academic Senate meets upon invitation of the Director or upon request of at least one third of its members.