From “Stellar Astroparticle Physics”, “Introduction to the Evolutions of Galaxies in the Universe” and “Cosmic Microwaves Background” to “Cosmological Perturbations and “Indirect Searches of Dark Matter”, the new Online Free Course on “Cosmology” is ready to start!
The course has been designed by Paolo Salucci (SISSA) and financially supported by the EU through a Horizon 2020 Twinnings Grant. The video-lessons are addressed to University/Master/PhD students but also to researchers or teachers attracted by this marvelous discipline. Starting from today 9 September, two videos covering different topics will be published on the SISSA Youtube channel every week (every Monday, the other on Thusday) AT THIS LINK.
The course includes 16 video-lectures given by Lecturers of the SISSA Astrophysical and Cosmology and Astroparticle PhD Programs and some of their collaborators. Notably, the lectures are given by scientists who largely contributed to the growth of the common knowledge in each specific topic. In this way, the initiative follows the School’s tradition of excellence in education that, together with cutting-edge research, has always been one of SISSA distinctive features.
This initiative aims at providing the proper-expert view in the various subfields of Cosmology, including Astrophysics, Elementary Particle Theory and General Relativity. Furthermore, this free online course represents a precious opportunity for students and young researchers in institutions and places all over the World where Cosmology is not formally studied or not in depth explored. A second part of the course, which will address new important issues, will follow.
Besides the “Introduction to the free Online Course "Cosmology" by Paolo Salucci, this is the list of lecturers and topics of this course:
- “Stellar Astroparticle Physics part I” by Alessandro Bressan (SISSA)
- “Stellar Astroparticle Physics part II" by Alessandro Bressan (SISSA):
- “Radiative processes in Astrophysics” by Francesca Perrotta (SISSA)
- "Introduction to Extragalactic Astrophysics I by Francesco Shankar (Univ. of Southampton)
- “Introduction to Extragalactic Astrophysics II” by Francesco Shankar (Univ. of Southampton)
- “Introdution to the Evolutions of Galaxies in the Universe” by Darko Donesky (SISSA)
- “Introduction to the Chemical Evolution of Galaxies I” by Francesca Matteucci (Univ. of Trieste)
- “Introduction to the Chemical Evolution of Galaxies II” by Francesca Matteucci (Univ. of Trieste)
- “Cosmic Microwave Background” by Carlo Baccigalupi (SISSA)
- “An Introduction to the Dark Energy and its observational evidence” By Celia Escamilla Rivera (UNAM)
- “Cosmological Perturbations” by Sabino Matarrese (Univ. of Padova, SISSA)
- “Dark and Luminous Matter in Dwarf Disks and Low Surface Density Galaxies” by Chiara di Paolo (SISSA)
- “Dark matter properties with the Intergalactic Medium” By Matteo Viel (SISSA)
- “Search for Dark Matter Invisible Particles at LHC” by Nicola Turini (CERN)
- “Indirect Searches of Dark Matter by Viviana Gammaldi” (SISSA, Univ. Autonoma Madrid)
- “Probing the Nature of Dark Matter with FERMI-LAT” by Gabrijela Zaharijas