The Neuroscience Area of SISSA has opened a new postdoctoral position. The fellowship winner may join any of the participating research groups (see below), or may choose to work independently.
The following research groups are available to host the selected fellow:
- 3D artificial tissue constructs combining the design of new generation of synthetic nanomaterials with cell biology, directed by Laura Ballerini
- Neuronal basis of tactile perception and learning in rats and humans, directed by Mathew E. Diamond
- Neurodegenerative disorders applying innovative genomics approaches; epigenetic factors modulating neurodegenerative disorders, directed by Giuseppe Legname
- Human cognitive neuroscience, directed by Raffaella Rumiati
- Liminar investigations of memory and brain organization, directed by Alessandro Treves
- Visual neuroscience laboratory directed by Davide Zoccolan
Alternatively, candidates may indicate their intention to do research independently of any established SISSA research group.
Applicants should submit the following material:
- complete curriculum vitae in Europass or other easily legible format
- list of university courses and grades
- a short research project proposal (not longer than 500 words)
- if applicable, a statement of the research group (naming the professor) to which the candidate intends to join
Also, the applicant must arrange to have at least two letters of reference sent separately by referees to the following address: email@example.com.
Duration of the research fellowship: 24 months, potentially renewable for 12 additional months.
Applications must be received at SISSA by April 3, 2015 and the starting date will be negotiated with the fellowship winner.