Transfer of the results of scientific research to society and to the business sector is one of the institutional tasks carried out by SISSA.
SISSA promotes and organises research (even applied research) by favouring protection of intellectual property and economic valorisation of research results. Constant communication between researchers and the industry is a necessary condition for a successful process of technology transfer. SISSA aims at favouring collaboration with the business sector through research tasks, consulting, know-how transfer and conveyance or partnerships for joint innovation activities.
The Technology Transfer Committee evaluates technology transfer initiatives and activities according to the rules of the School concerning spin-off, intellectual property protection, as well as contracts and conventions – on behalf of a third party – for research activities, consulting, education and transfer of research results.
The Committee is composed of the Director, the Deputy Director, the Secretary-General, the Manager of General Affairs Office and a representative for each scientific area at SISSA.
- Regolamento per la costituzione e il riconoscimento di società spin-off e start up della SISSA (ITA)
- Regulation for the incorporation and the aknowledgement of spin-offs and start-ups of SISSA (ENG)
- Regolamento sulla proprietà intellettuale della SISSA (ITA)
- Regulation on the intellectual property of SISSA (ENG)
- Regolamento per contratti di ricerca, consulenza, cessione dei risultati di ricerca, didattica e contributi di ricerca (ITA)
- Regulation for contracts of research, consulting, transfer of research results, teaching and research contributions (ENG)