Course: Disordered Quantum Systems
by Giuseppe Santoro
This course is an introduction to the physics of disordered quantum systems and mesoscopic physics,
intended to cover some of the modern topics of condensed matter theory.
The course will include a training on the relevant numerical techniques which are suitable for studying
some of the problems treated. Here is a prelimiray list of topics to be treated.
- Introduction to mesoscopic physics: Phase coherence in disordered quantum systems
- Particle in a random potential
- Disordered Anderson model and Anderson localization
- Weak localization phenomena and quantum interference
- Introduction to disordered quantum spin systems
- Real space renormalization group approach to 1D Random Ising model in a transverse field