2005 EUCLID Trieste Spring School
Trieste Spring School
May 9-13, 2005
"New Paths in Theoretical Physics"
International School for Advanced Studies
Via Beirut 2-4, Trieste, Italy
Andrea Cappelli (University of Florence, Italy),
Gesualdo Delfino (SISSA, Trieste, Italy),
Patrick Dorey (University of Durham, UK),
J Luis Miramontes (University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain),
Giuseppe Mussardo (SISSA, Trieste, Italy)
the Spring School "New paths in Theoretical Physics"
organized within the training program of the
network will be held in Room D (Level -1) on Monday 9th of May, and in Aula
Magna (Level 0) from Tuesday 10th to Friday 13th of May 2005.
aimed mainly to postdocs and graduate students.
The lectures will run from Monday, May 9 in the morning, to Friday, May 13
There will be time for non-formal discussions and few seminars as well.
who wants to deliver a seminar is invited to mention it as a comment at the
the registration form.
- Peter Bowcock (Univ. Durham): "Boundaries and defects";
- Paul Fendley (Univer. of Virginia ): "Realizing non-abelian statistics and lattice supersymmetry in 2+1
LECTURE 3 ,
LECTURE 4 );
- Roberto Tateo (Univ. Torino): "Differential Equations and Integrable Models";
- Joerg Teschner (Freie-Univ. Berlin): "Liouville theory and noncritical string theory"
- Jean-Bernard Zuber (Jussieu-Paris VI): " Introduction to random matrices and recent applications".
List of participants
The registration deadline is fixed to April 15, 2004.
Registration is closed.
information: For information about travel please link to the SISSA.
Participants will be accommodated in guesthouses and hotels within the
Miramare area at walking distance from Sissa (see the
campus map ):
Usual financial rules of the EUCLID network are applied:
For the network participants we cover local expenses (accommodation
and meals at the ICTP cafeteria). Their travel expenses are expected
to be covered by their home institutions.
Unfortunately no financial support is available for participants
outside the network.