- Stefano Ruffo
- Ulisse Bocchero
- Matteo Caorsi
- Flavio Toigo
- Ingrid Stratti
- Massimo Capone
- Antonio De Simone
- Andrea Gambassi
- Anna Menini
- Laura Babich
The Board of Directors approves the strategic guidelines, the annual and triennial financial and staff plan, and monitors the financial sustainability of activities.
- approve, based on the Director's proposal, the annual and triennial financial and staff plan; approve, based on the Director's proposal, the annual and triennial estimated budget, the final balance and the triennial plan document, after receiving the favorable opinion of the Academic Senate in relation to the aspects pertaining to it;
- express an opinion on the regulations that discipline the didactic work, research and the management of relevant funding;
- deliberate, in agreement with the Academic Senate, the establishment, the modification or the suppression of Ph.D. Courses;
- deliberate, in agreement with the Academic Senate and the School Council, the establishment, the modification or the suppression of Scientific Areas;
- deliberate, in agreement with the Academic Senate, on the establishment of new teaching posts for full and associate professors and researchers and of new fixed-term research and teaching posts;
- deliberate, in agreement with the School Council, on the recruitment of full and associate professors and researchers;
- deliberate, in agreement with the Academic Senate, on the admission of students, on other scholarships and on research grants and contracts;
- deliberate on the typologies of research contracts that entitle to inclusion in the research staff category, as set forth under art. 2, clause 11, for the purposes of electoral franchise and eligibility for election in order to name the representatives of the Academic Senate and Area Councils;
- deliberate, after receiving the favorable opinion of the Academic Senate, on the recruitment of technical-administrative staff;
- approve the School's General Regulation for Administration, Finance and Accountancy as well as the other administrative and management regulations;
- approve, in agreement with the Academic Senate, the establishment of specific educational paths identifying the relevant funding at the expense of the School, of other bodies and/or of the participants themselves;
- confer and revoke the appointment of Secretary General, based on a reasoned proposal of the Director and after obtaining the favorable opinion of the Academic Senate;
- deliberate, based on the Director's proposal, on the member of the Board of Auditors appointed by the School;
- appoint one member of the Disciplinary Board;
- approve the appointment of the members of the Evaluation Unit different from the students' elected representative;
- deliberate on possible allowances in relation to appointments or to the participation in collective bodies;
- deliberate on contracts and agreements that may entail a financial burden for the School, in agreement with the Academic Senate for those relevant to didactic or research activities;
- carry out the disciplinary proceedings towards professors and university researchers;
- establish, put into operation or terminate possible interdisciplinary structures, based on the proposal of the Academic Senate;
- express a favorable opinion on the Ethical Code;
- submit to the Ministry of Education, Universities and Research and to the Ministry of Economy and Finance the annual and triennial estimated budget as well as the final balance;
- approve all deeds that fall within the competences endorsed by the law, by the Statute and by the School's regulations.
The Board of Directors may also deliberate on the contribution to the expenses for the provision of collective services including canteens, accommodation, transportation, as well as interventions aimed at promoting cultural and recreational activities.
The Board of Directors is composed of the following members:
- the Director, who presides over it;
- two elected representatives of the Ph.D. Courses;
- 7 members, Italian or foreign, with proven competence in management or with professional experience at an adequate level, with a necessary focus on their scientific and cultural qualification, chosen by means of selection procedures disciplined by a dedicated regulation, subdivided as follows:
- two external members, one proposed by the Regione Friuli Venezia Giulia;
- four university professors, of which one may be appointed from outside the School, appointed by the Director from a shortlist proposed by the Academic Senate;
- one member of the School's technical-administrative staff.
External members must not have been employed by the School in the three years prior to their appointment and must not be employed by the School for the entire duration of the mandate. The members of the Board of Directors are appointed by decree of the Director.
The Secretary General participates in the meetings of the Board of Directors without the right to vote. The Vice-Director participates in the meetings of the Board of Directors and is entitled to vote in case of absence or other impediment on the part of the Director.
The Board of Directors meets upon invitation of the Director or upon request of at least one third of its members.